14 Pin DIP IC Base Socket Connector
Programmable chips such as EPROMs or microcontrollers attached to IC sockets(say 14 PIN IC base) during prototyping, allowing the devices to be quickly removed from the circuit for programming, then reinserted for testing.
Some integrated circuits are extremely sensitive and may damage the heat from soldering, so attached to IC sockets for protection and easy replacement if failures occur.
Computer motherboards use a socket for the CPU, allowing you to choose your own processor for the board and upgrade the CPU.
14 Pin IC base Specification
- Integrated circuits, or ICs, are the chips useful in almost all modern electrical devices.
- Most production devices use chips soldered directly to the printed circuit board, as the chips never need to be removed. Some applications, however, use 14 PIN IC Base sockets, which allow chips to be inserted and removed without the use of a soldering iron.
- They are available in different types and sizes( say 14 PIN IC base ).
- Some of the sizes are 14 pins, 28 pins, 16 pins and etc.
- They are available in different types like DIL SOCKETS, TURNED PIN DIL SOCKETS, ZIF SOCKETS ETC