The CD4027 is a CMOS based high-speed, high voltage Dual JK Flip-Flop IC. The Flip-flop could operate at a speed of 16MHz at high voltages up to 15V with a low noise margin of ~ 2.5V.
- Dual JK Flip Flop Package IC
- Operating Speed: 16MHz
- Operating Voltage: 5V, 10V, 15V
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 20V
- Input Rise/Fall time at 5V: 45us
- Minimum High-Level Input Voltage: 2 V
- Maximum Low-Level Input Voltage: 0.8 V
- Available in 14-pin PDIP, GDIP, PDSO packages
- CD4027BMS is a single monolithic chip integrated circuit.
- It contains two identical complementary-symmetry J-K master-slave flip-flops.
- Inputs of each flip-flop: – J, K, Set, Reset, and Clock input signals.
- The output of each flip-flop: – Buffered Q and Q signals.
- This input-output arrangement provides for compatible operation with the CD4013B dual D type flip-flop.
- The CD4027BMS performs: – control, register, and toggle functions.
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|16||Vcc||Powers the IC typically with 5V|
|8||Ground||Connected to the ground of the system|
|For JK Flip Flop – 1 and JK Flip Flop – 2|
|3,13||Clock-1/ Clock-2||These pins must be provided with clock pulse for the flip flop|
|2,7||Reset-1 / Reset-2||Flip flop preset-high will set Q=1 and not Q=0|
|4, 12||Clear-1/Clear-2||Flip flop cleat-high will set Q=0 and not Q=1|
|5, 11||K-1/ K-2||Input pin of the Flip Flop|
|6, 10||J-1 / J-2||Another Input pin of the Flip Flop|
|2,14||Q-1(bar) / Q-2 (bar)||The inverted output pin of Flip Flop|
|1,15||Q-1 / Q-2||Output Pin of the Flip Flop|
- Shift Registers
- Memory/Control Registers
- EEPROM circuits
- Latching devices