IC base or IC socket basics
IC Base or IC Socket is support for ICs for prototyping. Direct soldering in the PCB can damage the ICs and it is very difficult to replace damaged components or IC from PCD after soldering. IC base is used to neglect these kinds of damage and difficulties as maker can directly solder the IC and it is not actual IC, so there is no problem of IC damage because of heat. IC base allows ICs or programmable chips to quickly remove from circuit and reinsert.
It is a 8 pin IC base, so it is compatible with any 8 pins ICs.
IC Base Features
- Maximum reliability
- It has tapered entry for ease of insertion
- Available in different sizes and shape according to ic
- Pitch size: .100/(2.54mm)
- It has Closed bottom sleeve for 100% anti-wicking of solder.
- Product type: IC base
- Function: to easy insert, remove and reinsert the programmable chips and ICs in the PCD and neglect the component damage because of heat during soldering
- Number of pins: 8
- Package contains: 1 8 pin IC base