This ADC0804 IC is CMOS 8-bit successive approximation converters (analog to digital converter) that use a differential potentiometric ladder. This converter is designed to operate with NSC800 and INS8080A derivative control bus and with Tri-state output latches directly driving the data bus. This analog to digital converters seems like memory locations or input/output ports to the MPU and no interfacing logic is needed. Differential analog voltage inputs allow in increasing the common-mode rejection and offsetting the analog zero input voltage value. Besides, the voltage reference input can be adjusted to allow encoding any smaller analog voltage span to the full 8 bits of resolution.
- Compatible With 8080-µP Derivatives – No.
- Interfacing Logic– Access Time 135 ns.
- compatible with All Microprocessors, Operates as a Stand-Alone Device.
- Differential Analog Voltage Inputs.
TTL Voltage-Level Specifications:
- Works With 2.5-V (LM336) Voltage Reference.
- On-Chip Clock Generator.
- Analog Input Voltage Range 0-V to 5-V.
Single 5-V Supply
- No Zero Adjust Required.
- 0.3-Inch Standard Width 20-Pin DIP Package.
- Small Outline or 20-Pin Molded Chip Carrier.
- Operates Ratiometrically, 5 VDC, 2.5 VDC, Analog Span Adjusted Voltage Reference.
- Resolution: 8 Bits.
- Total Error: ±1/4 LSB, ±1/2 LSB, and ±1 LSB.
- Conversion Time: 100 µs.