CD4011 belongs to CD40xx CMOS IC series. This CD4011 IC contains four 2-input independent NAND gates. These gates perform the Boolean function Y = A × B or Y = A + B in positive (+ive) logic. NAND gates in this IC can be reconfigured to make them NOT gate to give inverted output. So we can make SN54LS00 a four NOT gate IC if needed. High-speed NAND operation is possible with this IC because of less transition time and can be used for high-frequency systems.
- Dual Input NAND Gate – Quad Package.
- Typical Operating Voltage: 5V.
- High-Level Output Current:- 1.5 mA.
- Low-Level Output Current: 1.5mA.
- Propagation Delay Time:60 ns.
- Operating Temperature Range:- 55 C to + 125 C.
- Available in 14-pin PDIP, GDIP, PDSO packages.
- AV Receivers.
- Portable Audio Docks.
- Blu-Ray Players.
- Home Theater.
- MP3 Players or Recorders.
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs).
Pin Description of CD4011:
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1,2,5,6,8,9,12,13||NAND Gate Input pins||First Input pin for the NAND gate|
|3,4,10,11||NAND Gate Output pins||Output pin for the NAND gate|
|7||Ground||Connect to the ground of the circuit.|
|14||Vcc (Vdd)||Used to power the IC. Typically +5V is used|