This is an Arduino compatible V3 A4988/DRV8825 Driver CNC shield. It can be used as a driver expansion board for engraving machines, 3D printers, and other devices. There are 4 slots in the board for stepper motor drive modules, which can drive 4 motors, and each stepper motor only needs two IO ports. In other words, 6 IO ports are quite capable of managing three stepper motors.
The module is very convenient to use and the best choice to use with CNC machines, 3D printers, Engravers and other machines. After insert Arduino CNC shield V3.0 into the Arduino Uno, and install GRBL firmware then you can quickly DIY a CNC engraving machine.
- GRBL 0.9 compatible. (open source firmware that runs on an Arduino Uno that turns G-code into stepper signals)
- 4-axis support (X, Y, Z, A-can duplicate X, Y, Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Spindle enable and direction
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable Pololu A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825, and others) (not included)
- Jumpers to set the micro-stepping for the stepper drivers. (some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 microstepping)
- Compact design
- Very easy to use
- Latest Arduino CNC shield version V3.0
- Runs on 12-36V DC. ( at the moment only the Pololu DRV8255 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board)