DAC0808 is a Digital to Analog converter IC, used for converting 8-bit digital data input to analog signal output. It is a monolithic Integrated Circuit featuring a full-scale output current config time of 150 nanoseconds while dissipating only 33 mW with ±5V supplies. This IC’s accuracy of conversion is good and power consumption is also low. The power supply currents of 0808DAC are independent of bit codes and exhibit constant device characteristics over the entire supply voltage range.
0808DAC IC is used in devices where a digital to analog conversion is required. The chip used to be popular a decade ago and its applications used to be many but at present, there are many modern IC that can perform DAC with higher resolution, speed, and efficiency. So this device is mainly used for reference and beginner applications and nothing more. For advanced applications microcontroller with DAC feature or DAC IC with the serial interface is preferred at present.
- 8 bit parallel digital data input.
- Fast settling time (typical value): 150 ns.
- Relative accuracy at ±0.19% maximum error.
- Full-scale current match: ±1 LSB.
- TTL and CMOS are compatible, Non-inverting digital inputs.
- High speed multiplying input slew rate: 8 mA/μs.
- Power supply voltage range: ±4.5V to ±18V.
- Low power consumption: 33 mW@ ±5V.
- Maximum Power dissipation: 1000 mW.
- Operating temperature range: 0ºC to +75ºC.
|3||VEE||Negative power supply|
|4||IO||Output signal pin|
|5||A1||Digital input bit 1 (Most Significant Bit)|
|6||A2||Digital input bit 2|
|7||A3||Digital input bit 3|
|8||A4||Digital input bit 4|
|9||A5||Digital input bit 5|
|10||A6||Digital input bit 6|
|11||A7||Digital input bit 7|
|12||A8||Digital input bit 8 (Least Significant Bit)|
|13||VCC||Positive power supply|
|14||VREF+||Positive reference voltage|
|15||VREF-||Negative reference voltage|
|16||COMPENSATION||Compensation capacitor pin|
- Analog and digital circuits.
- Electrical measurements.
- Audio conversion.
- Hobbyist applications.