DS18B20 is a probe-type waterproof temperature sensor, gives 9 to 12-bit Celsius temperature measurement and has an alarm function with non-volatile. The user can program upper and lower trigger points. It has a 1-Wire bus to communicate with the sensor. This sensor has a unique 64-bit serial code, because of that multiple sensors can function at the same time on the 1-Wire bus and with one microprocessor.
It has an additional feature to drive power directly from data lines, it eliminates the external power supply requirement.
- Input voltage: 3V to 5V
- Temperature range: -55°C to+125°C
- Wire or cable dimensions: 91cm and 4mm diameter
- Stainless steel tube dimensions: 30mm long and 6mm diameter
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Output resolution: 9-bit to 12-bit, depends on the programming
- Conversion time: 750ms @12-bit
- 64-bit address enables multiplexing
- Red: VCC
- Yellow: data
- Black: GND
- Measuring temperatures in the hard environment
- To measure the temperature of a liquid