This FT232RL is a USB to serial breakout board of the very popular FT232RL IC from FTDI. This module is an excellent way to connect TTL serial devices to a PC through a USB port.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated USB termination resistors.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3Mbaud at TTL level.
- 128 byte receive buffer and 256 bytes transmit buffer utilizing buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
- Supports both 3.3V and 5V
- With power, sending, receiving indicator, working status LED indicator
- USB power has current protection, using a 500mA self-restore fuse.
- A simple way to connect TTL device to a PC
- RXD/TXD transceiver communication indicator
- Programming microprocessors such as ARM, AVR, etc.
- Working with computing hardware such as routers and switches.
- Serial communication with many devices such as GPS devices.
- Serial terminals on devices like Raspberry Pi.