A crystal oscillator is an electronic oscillator circuit made of Quartz Crystals that uses the mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material to create an electrical signal with a precise frequency. This frequency tracks time, as in quartz wristwatches. It provides a stable clock signal for digital integrated circuits and stabilizes frequencies for radio transmitters and receivers.
- High-frequency Stability
- High Frequency of operation
- Can obtain High Precise and Stable frequency
- Frequency does not vary much with Temperature and another parameter change
- High Q factor
- In the frequency synthesizers.
- Special types of receivers.
- In radio and TV transmitters.
- As a crystal clock in microprocessors.