HT12E Encoder IC Basics
HT12E is an encoder IC for Remote control applications, commonly used for Radio Frequency (RF) application and it is 2 series IC. We can transmit and receive 12 bits of parallel data serially by using HT12E and HT12D paired. HT12E is a simple Encoder IC that coverts serial data to its input through RF to 12 bits parallel data in which there are 4 data bits and 8 address bits. These 8 bits addresses are security code for 4 bits data, means we can provide 8 bits security code for 4 bits data and can use multiple receivers by using same transmitter.
HT12E Encoder IC Feature
- 12-bit Encoder IC, HT12E, is used with HT12D that is a Decoder IC.
- Encoded IC has 12 bits, in which 4 are data bits and 8 are address bits.
- This IC mostly finds application in RF and IR wireless transmission
- Voltage supply range: 2.4V to 12V
- Typical voltage supply: 5V
- Low standby current: 0.1uA, at Vcc=5V
Ht12E IC pin Descriptions
- Address pins for input A0
- Data pins D0
- Transmission enables
- Oscillator input
- Oscillator output
- Serial data output
- IC Number: HT12E
- Function of IC: Encoder IC for RF
- Number of pins: 18
- PIN Type: DIP
- Operating voltage: 2.4V-12V
- Package contains: unused and checked 1 piece of HT12E