L298N Motor driver module is a high voltage, high current, and dual full-bridge driver. It accepts standard TTL logic level inductive loads like solenoids, relays DC motors, etc. this module controls two Dc motors at the same time in any direction and speed. There are two enable inputs, which enables or disables the device independently of the input signals.
The L298 is a monolithic integrated circuit in a 15-lead Multiwatt and PowerSO20 packages. It is a high voltage, a high current dual full-bridge driver designed to accept standard TTL logic levels and drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC, and stepping motors. Two enable inputs are provided to enable or disable the device independently of the input signals. The lower transistor’s emitters of each bridge are connected and the corresponding external terminal can be used for external sensing resistor connection. During lower voltage, an additional power supply is provided for the logic to work properly.
L298 is a high power version of the L293d motor driver IC. It is a high voltage, high current, a dual full-bridge driver designed to accept standard TTL logic levels (Control Logic) and drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC, and Stepper motors. Two enable inputs are provided to enable or disable the device independently of the input signals.
- Operating voltage range: +5 to +46V.
- Maximum supply voltage:50V.
- Maximum Input and Enable Voltage:+7V.
- Maximum current output: 3A.
- Operating voltage: up to 40 volts.
- Drive voltage: 5V-35V.
- Logic voltage: 5V.
- Peak current: up to 3A.
- Logical current: 2A.
- Control signal: standard TTL logic level.
- Rated power: 25W.
- Can drive: two-phase stepper motor, four-phase stepper motor, and two-phase DC motor.
- TTL Compatible Enable Input. The LOW state for disable.
- TTL control inputs.
- Total power dissipation:25W.
- Operating temperature: -23°C to 130°C.
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 150°C.
Here Are a Few Areas Where L298 is Preferred:
- L298 is used where H- BRIDGE is required.
- Where a high power motor driver is required. In the market, there are H-bridges like L293 which are used for the low powered applications while L298 is specially designed for high power applications.
- Where current control and PWM operable single-chip device is needed.
- The chip is preferred when the control unit can only provide TTL outputs.