LM311 is a single high-speed voltage comparator IC with low input currents. This device has an output transistor inside the package and can be controlled by many hardware that makes it perfect for a wide range of applications.
The IC can operate in a wide range of power supply voltage, including ±15V voltage supply for operational amplifiers and ±5V for logical applications. Its voltage output is compatible with almost every TTL, CMOS, and RTL load circuits. It is capable of driving a load (relay, Lamps, or any other load) up to 50V at 50mA. It’s all the features make it a perfect choice if you are looking for a comparator that can drive the load.
All the inputs and outputs can be isolated from the system ground. It works in both single as well as dual voltage supply mode. If the strobe is low, the output is in the off state, regardless of the differential input.
- Wide range of voltage range supply
- Strobe capability
- Can drive load up to 50V at 50mA
- Output can be isolated from system ground
- Voltage output is compatible with TTL, CMOS, and RTL load circuit
- Single supply for two op-amps enables reliable operations
- Voltage supply range:
- Single supply: -5V to 30V
- Dual supply: ±2.5V to 15V
- Maximum input current: 150nA
- Maximum input bias current: 300nA
- Maximum offset current: 20nA
- Output current: 50mA
- Power consumption: 135mW at ±15V
- Desktop PCs
- Body control module
- Oscillators circuits
- Peak voltage detectors
- Zero crossing voltage detector
- High voltage protection and indicator
- To drive load up to 50V at 50mA