555 timer IC has many applications like a timer, pulse generation, and oscillation. Other than it also finds its application to provide time delays as an oscillator and as flip flop element. LM555 Timer IC has 4 timer circuit in one package.
- supply voltage: +5 Volts to +18 Volts.
- Sinking or sourcing load current 200 mA.
- 555 Timer IC output current is high because of that it can drive TTL
- 555 timer IC drives the output of TTL because of High current output
- Temperature stability: 50 parts per million (ppm) per degree Celsius change in temperature which is equivalent to 0.005 %/ °C.
- The duty cycle of the timer: adjustable.
- the maximum power dissipation per package: 600 mW and its trigger and reset inputs has logic compatibility.
- Astable mode
- Mono-stable mode
- Bi-stable mode
- TRIG or trigger
- CTRL or control
- THR or threshold
- DIS or open collector output that can discharge a capacitor