This Gas sensor is a module of the MQ3 alcohol sensor. MQ3 uses sensitive material SnO2, whose conductivity is lower in clean air. Its conductivity increases as the concentration of alcohol gas. It has a high sensitivity to alcohol and has good resistance to disturbance due to smoke, vapor, and gasoline. It simplifies the interface to the odd pin spacing of the sensor and provides the interface through standard 4 x 0.1’ header pins. It can be easily interfaced with microcontrollers, Arduino, raspberry pi, etc.
This alcohol sensor is the best choice for detecting alcohol concentration on your breath, just like a common breathalyzer. It has high sensitivity and a fast response time.
It has an onboard potentiometer that can be used to set the maximum gas concentration beyond which digital output gets triggered. Just power the module with a 5V voltage supply and you are ready to get the alcohol concentration of the air around the sensor. It also has a LED indicator that helps to know the presence of air around the sensor.
- LEDs for output and power
- Output sensitivity adjustable
- Fast response
- Simple to use
- Stable and long life
- Good sensitivity to alcohol
- Onboard potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity
- Simple 5V operation
- Compatible with most of the microcontroller
- Requires simple drive circuit
- Low-power standby mode
- Operating voltage supply: 5V
- Current consumption: 150mA
- Concentration: 0.05 mg/L to 10 mg/L
- Heating consumption: >750mw
- Load resistance: 200KΩ
- Operating temperature: -10℃ to +70℃