QTR-8RC is a reflectance sensor array but intended as a line sensor. It can be used as a general purpose proximity IR or reflectance sensor. The device has 8 pairs of IR LED and Phototransistor mounted on 9.525 mm pitch.
Each phototransistor in the module is followed by a pull-up resistor that forms a voltage divider and produces an analog voltage output between 0 to 5V as the function of the reflectance sensor. All the outputs are independent but LEDs are paired to halve the current consumption. The LEDs are controlled by MOSFET with a gate normally pulled high that allows LEDs to turn off by setting the MOSFET gate at low voltage.
- No analog to digital conversion requires
- Improved sensitivity over voltage-divider analog output
- Parallel reading of multiple sensors is possible
- Operating voltage: 3.3 to 5V
- Current supply: 100mA
- Output voltage range: 0V to supplied voltage
- Output format: 8 digital I/O compatible signal
- Sensing distance: 3mm
- Maximum sensing distance: 9.5mm
- Line following robot
- DIY electronics and robotics projects