This sound sensor module provides an easy way to detect sound and is generally used for detecting sound intensity. The module is based on an electret microphone and LM393 comparator IC detects whether the sound has exceeded a threshold value. The sound level setpoint is set through an onboard potentiometer. When sound exceeds the setpoint, an LED on the board is illustrated and the output is sent low.
It detects the sound via microphone and feeds into an LM393 comparator IC. The device is very simple to use and quite convenient to interface with Arduino, which makes it perfect to use in simple projects.
- Led indicator
- Onboard potentiometer to set the setpoint
- Mounting holes for easy easy positioning
- Simple to use
- Easy to interface with Arduino
- Single channel single output
- Digital output
- Operating voltage: 3.3V to 5V
- Operating current: 5mA to 5mA
- Output type: digital
- Comparator IC: Lm393
The module only detects sound availability. It can not identify the size, frequency of the sound